GOLFING IN PARADISE: SHANGRI-LA’S VILLINGILI RESORT & SPA, MALDIVES ANNOUNCES GOLF RESIDENCY WITH JOHN E. MORGAN
Sky Sports Golf Commentator and former Pro-Golfer John E. Morgan is set to bring his expertise to the only golf course in the Maldives from February 15 to 28, 2019
Shangri-La’s Villingili Resort & Spa, Maldives, is delighted to announce its partnership with Sky Sports golf commentator and former pro-golfer, John E. Morgan, for a two week residency from February 15 to 28, 2019. Morgan, who has played alongside legends including Tiger Woods, Vijay Singh and Fred Couples, is well known for his participation in The Open Championships, European Tour and PGA Tour. During the two week residency, the talented golfer will teach guests in group classes and one-on-one sessions, sharing his expertise on how to sink a hole in one in this paradisiacal setting.
The Golf Residency with John E. Morgan at Shangri-La’s Villingili Resort & Spa is designed for golf enthusiasts of all levels and ages. Guests can take advantage of the resort’s impressive nine-hole, par three and four golf course. Nestled on seven and a half hectares of land at the southern end of Villingili Island, the course is the only one of its kind in the Maldives and is designed with coconut-palms lining the fairways and stimulating challenges and vistas throughout.
Along with personal training and group workshops, the resort will host fun tournaments and activities throughout the two week residency, including Beat the Pro sessions, during which guests are invited to try to hit a drive closer to the hole than Morgan. Golfers should not be intimidated, as Morgan will use only one hand for this activity.
Golf enthusiasts can also participate in the first-ever Mount Villingili Challenge, during which golfers will compete to strike a fish food golf ball the furthest into the turquoise Indian Ocean. Afterwards, guests can celebrate with a tailored Dine by Design experience atop Mount Villingili, toasting their golfing triumphs as they admire tropical views of the golf course and ocean beyond.
“This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to travel to paradise and share my love of golf with guests at the renowned Shangri-La’s Villingili Resort & Spa,” said Morgan. “I’m looking forward to helping seasoned players improve their game and introducing beginners to the sport, perhaps for the very first time. There will be lots of fun events taking place over the two weeks which I’m sure guests will enjoy!”
Guests can book the Stay & Play with John E. Morgan package, which starts from US$920++ per person per night, including:
· One-on-one personalized golf session with John E. Morgan for 45 minutes
· Two golf workshops with John E. Morgan – one hour group sessions
· One Beat the Pro session with John E. Morgan – one hour group session
· Tea & Tee – A round of golf for two persons, followed by an afternoon tea at the golf course
· One Dine by Design experience for two persons on Mount Villingili, the highest summit in the Maldives, overlooking the golf course, including wine pairing
· A 60 minute Golf massage – A Deep Tissue Acupressure Massage, stimulating specific points to improve blood circulation, help relieve muscle knots and pain, as well as increase range of motion.
· Yoga session with Master Dr. Pooja, perfect for stretching muscles after a round of golf
· Daily breakfast buffet at Javvu restaurant
The package is available from February 15 – 28, 2019, over a minimum stay of five nights. Terms & conditions apply.
For more information and reservation: Tel: +960 689 7888, firstname.lastname@example.org www.shangri-la.com