Srixon Announces the New Q-STAR TOUR: Tour Performance for Moderate Swing Speeds
SRIXON® announces the launch of the second generation Q-STAR TOUR golf ball. The Srixon Q-STAR TOUR is available in Pure White™ and Tour Yellow™ and officially launches in North America on September 1, 2018.
“The Q-STAR TOUR golf ball is a tour-caliber, urethane cover golf ball priced lower than some of our competitor’s two-piece offerings,” said Jeff Brunski, Vice President of Research and Development.
Designed specifically for skilled players with moderate swing speeds who demand the performance and feel of a tour golf ball, the second generation Q-STAR TOUR offers all-around performance. Q-STAR TOUR features a tour urethane cover, three-piece construction, and lower-compression core to provide maximum distance, feel, and tour-level greenside control. The new Q-STAR TOUR is tour on the outside, soft on the inside.
· Enhanced with Third Generation Spin Skin Coating, the soft, elastic coating creates more greenside spin and better approach spin from any lie, especially from the rough.
· A soft, thin Tour Urethane Cover provides tour-caliber greenside spin for total control.
· The advanced core construction of the Energetic Gradient Growth Core promotes seamless energy transfer to maximize distance and optimize ball performance on every shot.
· The aerodynamic 338 Speed Dimple Pattern reduces drag and increases lift for maximum distance and a more stable, penetrating ball flight in any wind conditions.
“In addition to having a cover that’s as soft as golf balls priced near $50 per dozen, this new Q-STAR TOUR features our low-drag, tour dimple pattern for more distance and a next-generation spin skin coating for more greenside spin,” Brunski said. “It is an extraordinary amount of performance packed into a ball that’s engineered to perform best for golfers who don’t swing at tour player speeds.”
Independent Test Results:
Srixon worked with Golf Laboratories to conduct independent, outdoor robot testing of the new Q-STAR TOUR golf ball against key competitors. The results show how Q-STAR TOUR provides optimal tee-to-green performance at an incredible value:
· The Energetic Gradient Growth Core helps reduce backspin while working together with the 338 Speed Dimple pattern to generate longer driver distance compared to higher-compression tour balls. The Q-STAR TOUR also creates lower sidespin, resulting in more accurate drives than higher-priced options.
· The Q-STAR TOUR, compared to the tour balls tested against it, produced better distance control and a tighter overall dispersion area for precise iron play.
· Srixon’s Q-STAR TOUR deliver the same tour-level control as substantially more expensive golf balls due to Srixon’s proprietary Spin Skin technology.
The Srixon Q-STAR TOUR golf ball officially launches in North America on September 1, 2018